- Full 120-hour TEFL International certified course in Chiang Mai, Thailand with fun culture and adventure excursions
- A minimum 4-month contract GUARANTEED paid teaching position in a public school
This TEFL International certification ensures that you have the right qualifications for the right job no matter which country you are seeking employment. Qualified and experienced staff, responsible for training more than 1,000 teachers here in Chiang Mai over the past 6 years; walk you through the methodology and modern approach to teaching English as a foreign language, for all ages.
The TEFL course in Chiang Mai has two main components:
- Input sessions, which involves information about methodology and language awareness. Trainees will participate in group and pair discussion, as well as attend lectures on various topics pertaining to teaching.
The first part of language awareness is grammar. Input sessions cover word classes, simple sentence elements, complex sentences and clauses, verb time and tense, aspect and conditionals and modals, phrasal and voice.
The second area is phonology. Candidates can be expected to learn about phonemics, word stress and intonation, sentence stress and intonation and intonation.
- Teaching practicum real life classroom and teaching experience. The course is very focused on practical, hands-on experience. Beginning in the first week of the course, our trainees teach (under the guidance of highly skilled trainers) ESL classes to local students in local Thai schools. All of our trainees will have the opportunity to complete six (50 minute) teaching practices. The 120 hours TEFL course has a very practical emphasis and deal primarily with the real skills and knowledge needed by teachers in the classroom. Whilst the course timetable may vary slightly from location to location, the content will always remain the same.
- 1,200 USD for 4 weeks training course
- Free accommodation in Huay Kaew Palace 2 (30 days)
- Airport pick up
- Teaching practicum with atmosphere of local Thai schools
- Sheets and materials
- 3 day orientation course in Bangkok
- March 27th to April 28th (includes four days off to join the Songkran festival).
- April 3rd to May 5th (for late-comers)
- September 25th to October 20th
- October 2nd to October 27th (for late-comers)
- Over 21 years old
- A university graduate (Bachelor degree or higher)
- Native English speaker
- Able to commit to a 4-month contract
- Available to attend TEFL course in Chiang Mai in March/April or September/October each year
Can I just take the TEFL course without signing a 4 month contract?
We design this package for candidates who want to come to Chiang Mai for TEFL course and teach afterwards. Therefore, TEFL course and 4 months contract at a Thai school can’t be separated.
Where will I be teaching?
The schools you will be teaching in are off the typical tourist track, where you will experience the charming and authentic side of Thailand, usually within an hour or less of modern amenities. Most candidates would like to go to southern Thailand so do the tourists. We focus our education on north and east part of Thailand as that’s where education is more needed for the children of Thailand.
How much will my salary be?
Candidates are getting paid 28,000 baht monthly with 3,000 baht housing allowance which is enough for a very nice apartment. After completing a 4 month (1 term) contract, if the candidates wish to sign another contract for the 2nd term, salary will be 31,000 baht with 3,000 baht housing allowance.
The school day usually ends at 4 pm; many teachers earn considerable additional income by being a private tutor. It should be noted that living expenses in the countryside are much lower than tourist areas. By comparison an inexperienced teacher in Bangkok will start on 31,000 baht and have to pay at least 10,000 baht towards accommodation and transport.
Is there anything else I need to pay out of my pocket?
For in class TEFL program in Chiang Mai, you are responsible for paying 300 baht for the key card and approx $150 (5,000 baht) refundable room deposit, returned to you on departure after deduction of your utility charges (usually no more than $25).
How long is my teaching contract?
The program initially covers two terms with a minimum one-term (4 month) commitment, after which you are free to move on or sign up for a new contract with a 15 percent pay rise. If you wish to move on; On the Mark Education is always looking for teachers to teach in China and Hong Kong
Am I covered by any insurance provided by the school?
All teachers are covered by an accident insurance by the company from the time you start work. In addition, as a formally employed teacher, you should have the option to contribute to a state healthcare plan. We recommend you take out some travel insurance to cover yourself during arrival and training.
Do I need any previous teaching experience?
No, these are entry level jobs. The four week intensive TEFL training is sufficient to get you started in the classroom and the schools and students are very receptive to new teachers.
Can couples apply?
Yes, we would love to accept couples and would place them at the same school.
What are included in the accommodation?
Rooms: A double bed, modern, sunny alcove, cable TV, minibar fridge, a/c and en-suite bathroom, serviced weekly. With breakfast restaurant and dedicated ‘hotel reception’ staff.
Facilities: Fitness room and relaxing pool area, wifi throughout, parking and adjacent services
Do I need a visa to come to Thailand?
Many nationals do not need a visa to enter Thailand but will only be granted 30 days to remain, which is insufficient. We advise you to apply for a 60-day tourist visa in advance of arrival at your nearest Thai consulate. This can be extended for a further 30 days by which time you will have applied for your work permit. Unfortunately everyone needs to make a trip to a Thai embassy in a neighboring country to upgrade to the Non-Imm B visa suitable for a work permit, and this trip will be at your expense.