On the Mark Education is looking for 2 English teachers for our position both beginning in early to mid-July (though we hope the teacher will arrive before that time so they can shadow our current teachers). The hired Teachers will teach a variety of student ages and levels but one of the teachers will work primarily at Elementary schools with larger classes (15-35 students) and the other primarily within our own school building and smaller classes (up to 8 students). Teachers will have curriculum and teaching materials available but we hope that teachers will also bring in their own creativity with their activities, games, songs and lesson plans. You will collaborate with 14 other foreign staff and many English speaking Japanese staff on your lessons.
The hired teacher will work 5 days a week for a total of 40 working hours per week. There is a maximum of 26.5 classroom-teaching hours (about 5 lessons a day) and the remaining time is for office work, teacher training and lesson planning. This position also involves participating in and helping to plan the various yearly events our company holds (Christmas presentation, English summer camp, spring carnival, field trips and international parties).
The job is never boring and our teachers make lasting bonds with their students, co-workers and the local community.
Nakatsu City is castle town in northern Kyushu with a population of about 80,000 people and a rich history. It is the childhood home of Yukichi Fukuzawa who is one of the founders of modern Japan (He is also on the 10,000 yen bill). It is big enough to be convenient but small enough to retain its charm (and lower living costs). Home to many shrines, temples, tea houses and the yearly Gion festival that is a major attraction of the area. Nakatsu also boasts some very nice hiking trails, cycling paths and numerous hot springs. It is also very easy to get away for the weekend to a larger city like Kokura, Hakata or the hot springs resort town of Beppu. All of which are only a short distance away by train.
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate preferred
- International driving license
- At least 6 months teaching experience
- Monthly salary: 220,000 to 260,000 Yen (1,970 to 2,330 USD)
- Assistance on finding an apartment
- Training and enrichment seminars throughout the year
- 5 weeks of paid vacation (25 days plus the connected weekends) spread out throughout the year.
- Flight reimbursement up to 100,000 Yen (900 USD)
- Insurance and pension
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job ref # in your email title: #JapanElementary
- Resume (Please include your Phone Number, Skype ID, Nationality and Date of Birth)
- Degree certificate (scan)
- TEFL certificate (scan)
- Recent casual photo
- Potential start date
- Current location
- Ability to commit to a 12 month contract
- 1 or 2 reference letters from your previous teaching schools to show you have at least 6 months ESL teaching experience post graduate (Signed by the supervisor or with school stamp – email / phone must be included)