On the Mark Education is looking for native English language teachers to join our team and teach communicative English to our adult students. As a teacher at our school, you will teach and variety of classes and be actively involved in creating a community that helps learners to communicate in English, with confidence, thus opening up a world of opportunity.
We empower our students to change their lives and unleash their full potential. We have taught over two million people and have
been passionate about teaching English for over 40 years. Our unique method is proven and aligned to the Common European Framework Reference for Languages, the global standard for language acquisition and education.
With a current enrollment of 190,000 students in over 450 learning centers in 29 different countries across the globe, our centers offer a near immersion experience and a unique Blended Learning Method to help each student reach their fullest potential.
Our center has been in operation since 2007 and is known as a premium provider of English language courses. There are currently six centers in Jakarta and one center in Bandung, Indonesia’s third largest city. With new competitors in the market, we are
looking to establish ourselves as the market leader.
Our centers are designed, built and equipped to a premium standard, thus providing teachers, employees and students with an excellent study and work environment.
Students at our centers in Indonesia are typically between 18 and 30 years old. They are students, who perhaps want to study abroad, or young professionals who are looking to further their careers. They are motivated to learn English because they know that it will change their lives, and recognize that it is an essential skill for their career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all students are clearly placed at the correct level to ensure that they are studying alongside students with the same ability.
Class sizes are kept small, to an average of 3 students per class, which helps to ensure that real progress is made by all and allows for easy classroom management. Lessons are made up of a variety of teaching materials and are designed to be engaging and communicative. Teachers guide students through both controlled practice and authentic conversation activities. All lesson materials are already in place; so minimal lesson planning is required. Teachers will teach maximum of 30 teaching hours per week with 2 fixed consecutive days off.
Indonesia is the world’s largest archipelago with over 17,000 islands and is a melting pot of cuisines and cultures. It is famous for its ancient temples, active volcanoes, pristine beaches, world-class dive sites, lush rainforests, indigenous tribes, incredible wildlife, flavorsome food and hospitable people. The capital city of Jakarta, known locally as the Big Durian, is a vibrant megacity with a population of over 10 million. The city has everything from traditional markets to sophisticated rooftop bars, and is developing at a rapid pace.
Bandung, nicknamed ‘The Paris of Java’, is surrounded by volcanic mountains and lush tea plantations. It is known for its gorgeous views, natural surroundings and cool calming weather – definitely a place for people who love the great outdoors.
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree
- Cambridge CELTA, Trinity TESOL, or equivalent 120-hour TEFL course
- 1 year adult teaching experience preferred
- Clean criminal background
- Monthly salary: 16 – 17 million Indonesian Rupiah (1,200 to 1,275 USD)
- Upfront economy flight from home country to Jakarta paid for
- 5 million Indonesian Rupiah accommodation allowance per month
- Visa and work permits organized and paid for
- Up to 30 days hotel/guest house stay for first time comers from abroad
- 3 million Indonesian Rupiah settling in allowance for first time comers from abroad
- Indonesian GSM SIM card with 100,000 Indonesian Rupiah credit
- Discretionary performance based annual bonus on completion of contract
- Outpatient medical benefits of 1 month salary (minus tax)
- Hospitalization Insurance: Level 600
- Health insurance
- 15 days annual leave plus national holidays (approx. 15 additional days)
or email us at email@example.com
- Job ref # in your email title: #Indonesia
- Resume (Please include your Phone Number, Skype ID, Nationality and Date of Birth)
- Degree certificate (scan)
- TEFL certificate (scan)
- Recent casual photo
- Potential start date
- Current location
- Ability to commit to a 12 month contract
- 1 or 2 reference letters from your previous teaching schools to show you have at least 6 months ESL teaching experience post graduate (Signed by the supervisor or with school stamp – email / phone must be included)