Beautiful English school with locations in Yokohama is currently accepting applications for professional experienced English teachers.
Teachers are expected to be able to adapt to students needs throughout the day, specifically children of all ages, teenagers, university students, and adults whom wish to improve conversational ability and/or business language.
We are also looking for teachers that have a strong technical teaching background in subject based lessons and feel comfortable teaching academic lessons such as History, Science, Social Studies, English literature and Math.
Teaching repertoire and skill set for children should include the ability to teach student centered lessons focusing on independent narrative, phonics, role-play as well as games and activities that re-enforce TL (target language being taught). Our teaching Methodology is very close to the PAL method.
We are seeking teachers that are enthusiastic with children yet have the sophistication and experience to work with adults and deliver academic based lessons to returnees –students that have lived abroad and require traditional academic based lessons.
Teachers are required to teach 35 contact teaching lessons of 50 minutes and some 40 minute classes per week .They have an hour lunch break , 10 minutes between lessons and at times administrative (office hours ) scheduled.
The working hours would be, weekdays 1 PM to 9 PM and Sunday 9 AM to 5 PM. Saturday 10 AM – 6 PM (Schedule might change). Teachers will have 2 days off work on weekdays.
Giving clear, focused and challenging lessons to a wide variety of students. You must be able to teach non-reading beginner lessons, conversation-based lessons, grammar-based lessons and business lessons to students of all ages, levels and ability.
- Establishing a rapport with your students and creating a lesson dynamic that encourages the student to excel.
- Writing detailed progress reports regarding student’s performance noting specifics regarding lesson details.
- Communicating with the other staff members, as well as the School Managers, Head or Lead teachers, regarding students’ progress and abilities.
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 consecutive years of teaching experience
- Clean criminal record
- Monthly salary: 250,000 to 280,000 Yen (2,290 to 2,570 USD)
- Completion bonuses / incentive bonuses / bonus holidays around 50,000 yen to 100,000 Yen (460 to 915 USD)
- 30 days paid vacation
- Full visa sponsorship
or email us at email@example.com
- Job ref # in your email title: #Japan
- Resume (Please include your Phone Number, Skype ID, Nationality and Date of Birth)
- Degree certificate (scan)
- Recent casual photo
- Potential start date
- Current location
- Ability to commit to a 12 month contract
- 1 or 2 reference letters from your previous teaching schools to show you have at least 24 months ESL teaching experience post graduate (Signed by the supervisor or with school stamp – email / phone must be included)