- Full 120-hour TEFL International certified course in Thailand with fun culture and adventure excursions
- A minimum 5-month contract GUARANTEED paid teaching position in a public school
This TEFL International certification ensures that you have the right qualifications for the right job no matter which country you are seeking employment. Qualified and experienced staff will walk you through the methodology and modern approach to teaching English as a foreign language, for all ages.
The TEFL course in Thailand has two main components:
- Input sessions, which involves information about methodology and language awareness. Trainees will participate in group and pair discussion, as well as attend lectures on various topics pertaining to teaching.
The first part of language awareness is grammar. Input sessions cover word classes, simple sentence elements, complex sentences and clauses, verb time and tense, aspect and conditionals and modals, phrasal and voice.
The second area is phonology. Candidates can be expected to learn about phonemics, word stress and intonation, sentence stress and intonation and intonation.
- Teaching practicum real life classroom and teaching experience. The course is very focused on practical, hands-on experience. Beginning in the first week of the course, our trainees teach (under the guidance of highly skilled trainers) ESL classes to local students in local Thai schools. All of our trainees will have the opportunity to complete six (50 minute) teaching practices. The 120 hours TEFL course has a very practical emphasis and deal primarily with the real skills and knowledge needed by teachers in the classroom. Whilst the course timetable may vary slightly from location to location, the content will always remain the same.
- 1,050 USD for 4 weeks training course
- Teaching practicum with atmosphere of local Thai schools
- Books and materials
- Work Permit
- March 16th
- April 20th
- May 18th
- June 15th
- 21 to 50 years old
- A university degree holder
- Native English speaker or European non-native English speakers
- Able to commit to a 4 to 5 month contract
- Clean criminal background
- Valid passport
Can I just take the TEFL course without signing a 5 month contract?
Yes. You can just take the TEFL course without signing a 5 month contract.
Where will I be teaching?
We guarantee that everyone* will get the placements in a very welcoming atmosphere in various locations of Thailand, from the northern mountains to
the southern white sand beaches. Beside the placement guarantee, we also offer the education team support throughout a school year to ensure that you will have no struggling at the school, as well as 100% visa and work permit fees support.
How much will my salary be?
Teachers will be getting 28,000 to 32,000 baht monthly salary plus 3,000 baht housing allowance for a 5 month contract
How long is my teaching contract?
The program initially covers with a minimum one-term (5 month) commitment, after which you are free to move on or sign up for a new contract. If you wish to move on; On the Mark Education is always looking for teachers to teach in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Russia and Turkey
Am I covered by any insurance provided by the school?
All teachers are covered by an accident insurance by the company from the time you start work. In addition, as a formally employed teacher, you should have the option to contribute to a state healthcare plan. We recommend you take out some travel insurance to cover yourself during arrival and training.
Do I need any previous teaching experience?
No, these are entry level jobs. The four week intensive TEFL training is sufficient to get you started in the classroom and the schools and students are very receptive to new teachers.
Can couples apply?
Yes, we would love to accept couples and would place them at the same school.
Do I need a visa to come to Thailand?
Many nationals do not need a visa to enter Thailand but will only be granted 30 days to remain, which is insufficient. We advise you to apply for a 60-day tourist visa in advance of arrival at your nearest Thai consulate. This can be extended for a further 30 days by which time you will have applied for your work permit. Unfortunately everyone needs to make a trip to a Thai embassy in a neighboring country to upgrade to the Non-Imm B visa suitable for a work permit, and this trip will be at your expense.